Last updated July 10th 2018
Clarke Creatives Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) provides copywriting, marketing strategy and presentation skills training to companies and individuals.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We may collect the following information when you use this website:
- Your name, job title, or any other information you provide
- contact information such as your email address and telephone number
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or specific initiatives
Why does Clarke Creatives Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide our copywriting, marketing strategies and presentation training, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Clarke Creatives Limited would contact you for additional consent.
Will Clarke Creatives Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Clarke Creatives Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Clarke Creatives Limited’s procedures.
We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a third party:
- accounting service to provide billing/invoices on our behalf
- to assist with data storage
- to operate this website
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How will Clarke Creatives Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Clarke Creatives Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Clarke Creatives Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
How long will my data be held?
How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. If we have no need to store it any longer, the data will be deleted within 2 years. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Clarke Creatives Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Along with many websites, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor website usage. You can read an overview of privacy at Google HERE.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - in the event that Clarke Creatives Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
How to contact us
You can access, update, change or delete personal information at any time by contacting us. Our registered office is Redland House, Bristol, BS31 2WB, United Kingdom and our mailing address is 11 Dentwood Grove, Bristol, BS9 2QH, United Kingdom.